Skip to content
Did You Know …
- The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot.
- Your heart beats 101,000 times a day. During your lifetime it will beat about 3 billion times and pump about 400 million litres (800 million pints) of blood.
- Your mouth produces 1 litre (1.8 pints) of saliva a day.
- The human head contains 22 bones.
- On average, you breathe 23,000 times a day.
- Breathing generates about 0.6g of CO2 every minute.
- On average, people can hold their breath for about one minute. The world record is 21 minutes 29 seconds, by David Merlini.
- On average, you speak almost 5,000 words a day – although almost 80% of speaking is self-talk (talking to yourself).
- Over the last 150 years the average height of people in industrialized nations increased by 10 cm (4 in).